Sensor Mounting Brackets.
The first step was to measure the area around where I thought I would install the sensors. The Magnet will go on the door and then a sensor clipped onto the rail for the open position and to the wall bracket for closed. I just used a set of calipers and a couple of sketches.
I then modeled the open and closed arrangement in Solidworks 2015 and designed the brackets. The blue one was my first attempt. I did not take into account the sticky backed tape on the magnet and sensor so it was pretty closed. Then I could also see that this orientation of magnet would not work very well so I decided to switch it and redesign the brackets.
This is the original mounting orientation. I don’t like how close the magnet is to the weight compensating cable. So, looks like I need to rotate the magnet.
Here the magnet has more clearance to everything.
Here are the brackets being printed and when complete.
SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2 There are 4 total parts. The closed bracket has 3 pieces. For manufacturing purposes and to clamp it to the bracket. Here’s an exploded view from Solidworks.
Here’s the open bracket installed. Friction seems to hold just fine. I’m using the stick backed tape to hold the sensor in place.
The door closed sensor clears everything and looks OK. Both sensors are close enough to the magnet to close. I’m only checking the sensors every few seconds (to be determined) so I’m not really worried about switch bounce.
Here you can see the sensors mounted in place.
Now back to the control unit.